What is a DMC?
Meeting Planners International definition: A destination management company provides meeting support and event services in a city.
DMCs provide in-depth information, contacts in the destination city and work behind the scenes to assist a planner with special events, dinners, transportation, tours and activities.
As a DMC based in New Orleans, ACCENT offers:
- support at every stage from the planning process through completion and realization
- servicing as all or part of your event team
- each client extensive local knowledge to better plan and execute an event
- insight into:
- venue selection
- hotel accommodations
- local transportation
- event staffing
- much more!
Why use a DMC?
Choosing the right DMC is an intrinsic part of successful event planning.According to the Association of Destination Management Executives:
- DMCs serve as your representative to vendors in the region in which the program is held
- represent your goals
- represent your objectives
- represent YOU
- DMCs provide you with leverage in negotiations with local vendors to your benefit
- DMCs streamline the process by serving as one point of contact before and after your event
- DMCs are a One Stop Shop for any Event Planner
Click to read all of the benefits a DMC offers you.